Translate

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Dec 9 - Border Inspection

Border inspection just inside Mexico. NOTE: I had a camouflage jacket confiscated by the soldiers. A lot of other people also had clothing taken away because they were camouflage or militaristic in nature. Even though I already knew why, I asked just to get an official answer. I was told that there is a new law prohibiting the importation of "military-style clothing." Criminals impersonating police and soldiers have become a well-known problem in recent years. Although it should seem obvious that confiscating vintage military/hunting hats and jackets (clothing that in no way resembles modern Mexican military dress) from normal people will have practically no effect on anything, I suppose the government feels it must keep up the appearance that it is actually doing something proactive about the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment